Finally... here it is!
(Sorry about the picture quality; it's not too sunny here, so natural light is hard to come by!)
I finished up the blue DWR quilt last night... and boy, did I let out a sigh of relief! It's a bit late for the anniversary, but I'm sure they'll understand why it took so long. :)
This is my first completely machine-quilted quilt; definitely a different experience! There were a lot of things that I wasn't expecting -- despite over-pinning it, it still bunched in a few areas in the back -- but it was a small price to pay for getting it done so fast.
This was also the first time I've done a 'proper' binding using bias tape. I found a few tutorials online about how to get those corners just right, and everything turned out great in that aspect.
I learned a lot about the DWR and machine quilting by doing this quilt, and I'm really glad I got to do a 'practice' one before starting our wedding DWR -- there were a lot of things that I didn't see coming when I was working on this one.
I will admit that I like the machine quilting for the speed, clean lines, and durability -- however, I don't feel like I had as much control as when I was hand quilting. Maybe I just need more practice!
...and now I can't wait to take this baby to the post office!